There are many reasons for choosing a loft conversion; maybe an increase in family members, considering working from home, a nice bedroom and ensuite with a view or a TV/multimedia room. A loft conversion provides the perfect solution, turning that unused space into a usable space which will add value to the property and make it more saleable with the increasing demands of family living.
LMDS Architectural specialise in producing good quality economical designs, maximising and utilising every allowable space for habitable living and storage. The advantages of having plans produced by us are as follows:
- The client has access to the plans and these can be submitted to his/her own recommended builders for competitive quotations.
- LMDS can also recommend and obtain quotations from a number of local trusted contractors we use on a daily basis, if required.
- We are in contact with client and contractor until the job is complete.
- We act for the client’s requirements, requests and protect their interests.
- Turn around of draft plans approximately within 7 days from survey.
- All necessary applications are submitted and obtained from the Local Authority.
The process we adopt is quite simple. You will find that families spend months deciding either to move property or convert their existing property and as soon as the decision is made to convert the plans are required yesterday.
A set of plans are the basis for seeing if what you require is achievable within your budget and whether it is buildable within the existing layout and space of the property although and initial inspection can tick a few boxes.
- Initial enquiry to the website requesting a call back or call to discuss.
- Arrange for an initial meeting to check the viability of the conversion and initial survey.
- Production of design quotation.
- Commence with a measured survey and produce draft plans which may contain options within approximately 7 days.
- Produce completed planning drawing and submit for permitted development (Lawful Certificate) or planning application. Formal planning permission is not required on certain sized properties which we can advise on.
- Obtain estimates from the planning drawings while we wait for the LC from the Local Authority this will help to engage with builders and set your budget etc.
- Commence the building regulation plans, finalise the build quotation with the nominated builder based on these plans and agree the build program, stage payments, completion dates, etc.
Contact us today to start the first steps of obtaining information on the viability and process for achieving your loft conversion.